Decking Cleaner & Reviver
What is Decking Cleaner & Reviver?
This Relancer Decking Cleaner & Reviver is specially formulated; it has been especially made to clean and revive weathered or tired timber decking. Our fast acting formula removes mould and algae. This all occurs whilst also brightening the wood and restoring it back to its natural appearance. Decking Cleaner & Reviver is ideal for use prior to treatment. It will open up the pores of the wood and that will allow for maximum adhesion of the coating and it will allow for a longer lasting finish. It can also be used as a very effective general cleaner, for brightening and enhancing your deck throughout the season.
Frequently asked questions:
1. How often should I use it?
It is recommended to use Decking Cleaner & Reviver once or twice a year for regular maintenance. However, the frequency may vary depending on the condition of your decking and the amount of traffic it receives.
2. Can I use it on any type of decking material?
Yes, Decking Cleaner & Reviver is suitable for use on all types of decking materials, including hardwood, softwood, composite, and PVC.
3. Is it safe for plants and pets?
Decking Cleaner & Reviver is generally safe for plants and pets when used as directed. However, it is advisable to water surrounding plants before and after application, and keep pets away from the treated area until it is completely dry.
4. Will it remove stains and algae?
Yes, Decking Cleaner & Reviver is specifically formulated to remove stains, dirt, algae, and mildew from decking surfaces, rejuvenating their appearance.
5. Do I need to sand my decking after using it?
Generally, sanding is not required after using Decking Cleaner & Reviver. However, if your decking has stubborn stains or rough patches, light sanding may be necessary before application to ensure optimal results.
6. How do I apply it?
Start by removing any loose debris and vegetation from the decking surface. Dilute the solution with water according to the instructions on the product label. Apply it evenly using a brush or sprayer, working it into the surface. Allow it to work for the recommended time (usually around 15 minutes), then scrub with a stiff brush. Finally, rinse off thoroughly with clean water.
7. Will it protect my decking from future damage?
Decking Cleaner & Reviver primarily cleans and revives the appearance of the decking. While it may contain ingredients that help inhibit future algae growth, it is not a substitute for proper maintenance and finishing products tailored to your decking material.
8. Can I use it on newly laid decking?
It is advisable to check the manufacturer’s recommendations and guidelines for your specific decking before using Decking Cleaner & Reviver on newly laid surfaces. Some decking manufacturers may have their own cleaning and maintenance instructions for the initial period after installation.
This product is able to be used on ridged or smooth surfaces, on both hardwood and softwood decking.
It is able to be used on weathered and treated decking.
Clean equipment in warm water and detergent.
Top 10 uses of Decking Cleaner & Reviver:
- Cleaning Wooden Decks: The primary use of decking cleaner and reviver is to clean wooden decking boards. It helps to remove ground-in dirt, mildew, and algae that can make the wood look old and worn.
- Restoring Wood Colour: These products can help to revive the natural colour of the wood that has been dulled by sunlight and weathering, bringing back the original hue of the timber.
- Preparing for Staining or Painting: Before staining or painting a deck, it’s important to have a clean surface. Decking cleaner and reviver can be used to prepare the wood for a new finish.
- Removing Algae and Mildew: Decks that are shaded and damp can develop algae and mildew. Decking cleaner and reviver can help to kill and remove these growths.
- Non-Slip Surface: Some decking cleaners contain ingredients that not only clean but also leave a non-slippery finish, which is ideal for areas that get wet.
- Cleaning Wooden Outdoor Furniture: Apart from decks, these products can also be used to clean and revive wooden outdoor furniture that has become weathered or dirty.
- Fence Panels and Railings: Similar to decking, wooden fence panels, and railings can also benefit from the cleaning and reviving action of decking cleaner products.
- Wooden Pergolas and Gazebos: For larger structures like pergolas and gazebos, which are prone to weathering, a decking cleaner can help maintain the wood’s appearance and longevity.
- Garden Sheds and Summer Houses: Wooden surfaces on sheds and summer houses can be refreshed with a decking cleaner to remove dirt and prevent decay.
- Cleaning Composite Decks: Some decking cleaners are also suitable for use on composite decking materials, helping to maintain the appearance of these types of decks as well.
Even more of our products can be found here !
Be sure to check out our eBay and Amazon stores, too!
eBay allows you to see a varied range of products we provide.
Amazon is great for you to be able to view feedback which all comes straight from our other valued customers.