Isopropanol Alcohol Printer Cleaner 99.9%IPA
Available in 250ml, 500ml, 750ml, 1L and 5L
Isopropanol Alcohol 99.99% also known as IPA, is a colourless, flammable liquid with a strong odour that evaporates quickly. It dissolves a wide range of non-polar compounds and leaves nearly zero oil traces. Compared to alternative solvents isopropanol alcohol is relatively non-toxic as a result it is used widely as a cleaning fluid, disinfectant, Fuel Additive, solvent and for its Pharmaceutical and Medical Applications.
Isopropyl alcohol is a highly effective solvent which means it can dissolve and remove various substances, such as dust, dirt, ink, oils, and grime that may accumulate on printer components over time. It acts as a powerful degreaser, breaking down and removing tough residues. It also has a relatively low boiling point, evaporating quickly after application. This quick evaporation helps to prevent any moisture damage that might occur if a slower-drying liquid were used. Fast evaporation is crucial when cleaning printers, as excessive liquid residue can cause malfunction or electrical damage.
Isopropyl alcohol is a non-conductive liquid, which means it does not conduct electricity. This property is crucial in printer cleaning since it reduces the risk of short circuits or damage to sensitive electronic components. Using a conductive liquid could lead to electrical malfunctions or even render the printer unusable. It also leaves little to no residue behind after evaporation. This is important when cleaning printers, as any leftover residue could interfere with the printer’s functioning or leave streaks on printed documents. Isopropyl alcohol ensures a clean and residue-free surface after cleaning.
Frequently asked questions:
- What is isopropanol alcohol?
Isopropanol alcohol is a clear and flammable liquid with a sharp odour and is most commonly used in the making of rubbing alcohol. It is also used in the making of skin and hair products, dyes, antifreeze and perfumes. its chemical composition (C3H8O).
- What are the uses of isopropanol alcohol?
The various applications of isopropanol alcohol are cleaning and disinfecting surfaces, treating minor wounds, as solvent, Hospitals, cleanrooms, and electronics or medical device manufacturing.
3. Is it safe to use isopropyl alcohol on all printer parts?
Generally, isopropyl alcohol is safe to use on most printer components, but it is advisable to consult the printer’s user manual or manufacturer’s guidelines for specific recommendations. Some printers may have specific cleaning instructions, especially for delicate parts like printheads or sensitive sensors.
4. Can isopropyl alcohol remove all types of ink?
Isopropyl alcohol is effective in removing most types of ink, but certain specialty inks, such as UV-cured inks or certain pigment inks, may require specific cleaning solutions or methods. It is recommended to check the printer’s user manual or contact the manufacturer for guidance if dealing with such inks.
5. Can isopropyl alcohol damage the printer if used improperly?
While isopropyl alcohol is generally safe for printer cleaning, using excessive amounts or allowing it to seep into sensitive areas can potentially damage electronic components. It is important to use it sparingly and follow proper cleaning procedures as recommended by the printer manufacturer.
- What is the recommended concentration of isopropanol alcohol for disinfection?
The ideal concentration is typically (60-70%) of isopropanol alcohol to achieve effective disinfection and a warning against using higher concentrations, which may be less effective.
- Can isopropanol alcohol be used to clean electronic devices?
Isopropanol alcohol can be used to clean electronic devices, such as keyboards, mousepads, computer monitors, laptop exteriors, game controllers, screens and circuit boards, due to its effectiveness to clean and quickly evaporate.
- Can isopropanol alcohol remove ink stains?
Isopropyl alcohol eats away and disintegrates water-based printer ink and this allows you to wash out and remove the stain much easier. Isopropyl alcohol is also safe to use on most materials and should not degrade or discolour any of the clothing that it is applied to but the results may vary depending on the type of ink and material being treated.
- Is it safe to mix isopropanol alcohol with other substances?
Mixing isopropanol alcohol with certain substances, such as bleach or ammonia can produce toxic fumes that could cause damage to your eyes, lungs and liver so it should be strictly avoided.
- Can isopropanol alcohol cause any side effects or allergies?
The potential side effects include skin rash, itching, dryness and redness or respiratory irritation caused by excessive or prolonged exposure to isopropanol alcohol. Seek medical advice if needed.
Top 10 uses:
- Cleaning agent: Isopropanol alcohol is commonly used as a cleaning agent, especially for electronic devices and delicate surfaces. It effectively removes dirt, oils, and grime without leaving residue.
- Disinfectant: Isopropanol alcohol is a powerful disinfectant that kills bacteria, viruses, and fungi. It is commonly used to clean wounds, sterilize medical equipment, and sanitize surfaces in healthcare settings.
- Hand sanitizer: Isopropanol alcohol is a key ingredient in many hand sanitizers. It helps kill germs and bacteria on your hands when soap and water are not readily available.
- Antiseptic: Isopropanol alcohol is used as an antiseptic to clean and disinfect minor cuts, burns, and scrapes. It helps prevent infection and aids in the healing process.
- Solvent: Isopropanol alcohol is a versatile solvent. It can dissolve many common substances, making it useful for cleaning ink stains, removing adhesive residues, and diluting paints or varnishes.
- De-icer: Isopropanol alcohol is often added to windshield washer fluids and de-icing solutions. It helps to prevent freezing and remove ice or frost from car windshields, aircraft surfaces, and other frozen areas.
- Fuel additive: Isopropanol alcohol is used as a fuel additive in some gasoline blends. It improves the combustion efficiency, helps prevent engine deposits, and reduces emissions.
- Cooling agent: Isopropanol alcohol has a low freezing point, and when applied to the skin, it has a cooling effect. This property makes it useful for cooling feverish or overheated individuals, or for soothing minor burns.
- Ink remover: Isopropanol alcohol can effectively remove ink stains from various surfaces, including fabrics, carpets, and hard surfaces like countertops or desks.
- Electronics cleaning: Isopropanol alcohol is widely used to clean electronics, such as computer circuit boards, mobile phones, and keyboards. It helps remove dust, dirt, and smudges without damaging sensitive components.
Item specifications for isopropanol alcohol:
- Chemical Name: Isopropanol
- Chemical Formula: C3H8O
- Common Names: Isopropyl Alcohol, IPA, 2-propanol, rubbing alcohol
- Purity/Concentration: 99.99%
- Grade/Type: Technical grade, pharmaceutical grade, or laboratory grade
- Appearance: Liquid form
- Odour: Alcohol odour
- Solubility: Soluble in water and many organic solvents
- Boiling Point: Approximately 82-83°C (179-181°F)
- Flash Point: Varies with the concentration, typically around 12-24°C (54-75°F)
- Density: Varies with concentration, typically around 0.785 g/cm3
Highly flammable liquid and vapour.
Causes serious eye irritation.
May cause drowsiness or dizziness
Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surface. – No smoking.
IF INHALED: Remove victim to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing.
IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
Get medical advice/attention if you feel unwell.
Even more of our products can be found here!
Be sure to check out our eBay and Amazon stores, too!
eBay allows you to see a varied range of products we provide.
Amazon is great for you to be able to view feedback. All from our valued customers.