Magnesium Chloride Salts Flakes
(Please note – your order may be shipped in more than one smaller tub size. This depends on available stock at the time, and quantity ordered. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch)
What is it?:
- Magnesium chloride is a salt found on sea beds and salt lakes all around the world, its prominent component is dead sea salt which makes up over 30% of its weight, and each litre of Dead Sea water contains 170g of Magnesium Chloride. The white, odourless salt has been utilised for its numerous health benefits and other various uses for centuries.
What is it used for?:
- Magnesium chloride can be used to ease numerous health ailments, it can be used as a bath soak to aid issues such as chronic pain or ongoing joint/muscle issues due to the magnesium chloride being absorbed into the skin, and this absorption it can also increase the body’s magnesium levels and encourages muscle relaxation and skin health and using the salt to soak can also promote wound healing.
- This product can also be used as a de-icer as it increases the freezing point of water. Magnesium chloride is far less harmful to the environment compared to other products which may be spread on the ground to create a safe walkway. This product is far safer for plants and wildlife so it can be used in gardens on things such as small paths/flagstones and back yard steps to prevent slipping on any ice.
- Magnesium chloride can be added to marine aquariums to increase Magnesium levels and balance the PH up. It helps to aid the correct balance to promote coral and algae growth and maintain the aquariums health.
- Magnesium chloride helps to activate approximately 300 enzymes, which aids in the relaxation of your body and your mind, and it can also draw away lactic acid which may build up in the body following a workout and therefore reduces muscle cramps, stress and oxygen deficiency symptoms therefore leaving you feeling less sore and weak post-workout.
How to use:
- Dissolve 2-4 glasses of Magnesium chloride Salts (approx. 250ml) in the bath tub, you can put more or less flakes if you would like to, however, the more flakes you place into the bath the more intense the bath will be. Magnesium chloride can make you feel as though you can float in the bath, and sometimes does make limbs (such as legs) float if they are relaxed. Do not exceed 6 cups per bath. Important: Your skin might feel a bit itchy at the beginning but do not worry, that is completely normal until the skin gets used to the magnesium. If any rash or irritation appear, stop the treatment immediately.
If some of the flakes are not pure white, rather grey or dark in colour, do not worry. They are natural and are not treated with any chemicals to make them all one colour. We do not dye the flakes with any chemicals so some colour impurities are to be expected.
- Are magnesium chloride flakes the same as Epsom salts?
Epsom salt is a compound of magnesium and sulphate; whereas magnesium chloride flakes are a compound of—you guessed it—magnesium and chloride.
- Is magnesium chloride good for your skin?
Magnesium is also known as an important chemical in immune function and plays a role in reducing acne and breakouts, skin allergies and also collagen function.
- Can you use magnesium whilst taking other vitamins?
Yes. Vitamins and minerals all work in combination and rely on each other to be fully effective. Using magnesium helps your body to absorb and use minerals; such as calcium, phosphorus, potassium, and vitamins such as vitamin D.
- Who should not use magnesium?
People with diabetes, intestinal disease, heart disease or kidney disease should not use magnesium before consulting with their GP/health care provider. Some prescription tablets do not mix with excess doses of magnesium and magnesium can also occasionally lower blood pressure.
Even more of our products can be found here !
Be sure to check out our eBay and Amazon stores, too!
eBay allows you to see a varied range of products we provide.
Amazon is great for you to be able to view feedback from our other valued customers.