Food Grade – Pure, Natural, and Versatile
What is it?:
Sodium bicarbonate, also known as baking soda, is a white alkaline powder that serves many purposes such as great ingredient in various cleaning agents, personal care products and is also commonly used for cooking due to its leavening agents that cause dough to rise.
What is it used for?:
Sodium bicarbonate is an antacid which is able to be used to relieve heartburn and it can also relieve indigestion. Alongside this it can be used for pest control as it can be used to kill cockroaches. Sodium bicarbonate is used in paint and corrosion removal and it can also be used as a pH balancer, along with it being used as an effective fungicide. It can extinguish small fires caused by grease or electricity. This product is also frequently used as a washing powder to remove tea or coffee stains or to remove odours from clothes. It is also used as an ingredient in some mouthwashes and toothpaste.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is sodium bicarbonate used for?
Sodium bicarbonate has multiple uses, including baking, cleaning, deodorising, personal care, antacid, fire suppression, gardening, Exercise Performance and more.
- Is sodium bicarbonate safe to consume?
Sodium bicarbonate is generally safe to consume as long as it’s food grade and in appropriate quantities. However, excessive intake or certain medical conditions may require caution. Consult a healthcare professional for specific advice.
- Can sodium bicarbonate be used for teeth whitening?
Sodium bicarbonate is sometimes used as a home remedy for teeth whitening as it can be used in making baking soda toothpaste. However, it should be used in moderation and with caution to avoid enamel damage. Professional dental advice is recommended.
- How does sodium bicarbonate work as a cleaning agent?
Sodium bicarbonate works as a cleaning agent due to its mild abrasive properties When combined with an acid (such as vinegar, lemon juice, or cream of tartar) and moisture, it produces carbon dioxide gas, which creates bubbles causing it to rise and ability to dissolve dirt, remove stains and grease. It can be used to clean various surfaces, including countertops, sinks, and bathroom fixtures.
5. Is sodium bicarbonate biodegradable?
Sodium bicarbonate is a naturally occurring compound and is considered biodegradable as microorganisms can break it down quickly However, it is necessary to consider environmental factors, such as excessive use and waste disposal practices, to minimize negative impacts.
the top 10 uses:
- Baking and Cooking: Sodium bicarbonate is widely used as a leavening agent in baking, helping dough and batter rise when combined with an acid.
- Household Cleaning: Baking soda is a versatile and natural cleaning agent. It can effectively clean surfaces, remove stains and odours, and act as a gentle scrub.
- Personal Care: Sodium bicarbonate is used in various personal care products, such as toothpaste, deodorants, and bath salts, due to its deodorizing and mild abrasive properties.
- Heartburn and Indigestion Relief: It can act as an antacid, helping to neutralize stomach acid and provide temporary relief from heartburn and indigestion.
- Skin Care: Baking soda can be used as a gentle exfoliant to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores. It is also utilized in DIY face masks and as a remedy for insect bites.
- Home Remedies: It is often used in home remedies to alleviate conditions like urinary tract infections, sore throat, and itchy skin.
- Laundry Additive: Adding a small amount of baking soda to laundry helps to boost the effectiveness of laundry detergents, deodorize clothes, and remove stains and odours.
- Carpet Cleaner: It can be sprinkled onto carpets before vacuuming to absorb odours and freshen them up.
- Fire Extinguisher: Baking soda can be used as a primary extinguishing agent for small grease or electrical fires by suppressing flames and reducing the supply of oxygen.
- Gardening: It can be used as a natural fungicide to control fungal growth on plants. It is also used to adjust soil pH levels and improve plant health.
item Specifics for Sodium Bicarbonate:
- Chemical Name: Sodium Bicarbonate
- Formula: NaHCO3
- Appearance: White, crystalline powder
- Purity: 99%
- Grade: Food grade
- Melting Point: 270 °C (518 °F)
- Solubility: Soluble in water
- odour: Odourless
- pH: Typically alkaline (pH 8.3 – 8.6)
- Shelf Life: 2-3 years (when stored properly)
Even more of our products can be found here !
Be sure to check out our eBay and Amazon stores, too!
eBay allows you to see a varied range of products we provide.
Amazon is great for you to be able to view feedback from our other valued customers.